Wednesday 31 July 2013

how does one say "i love you"?

sometimes i hate my pessimism
it results in hesitism
and i get caught in a circle
that circulates through my mind
i take a breath and concentrate
make sure my emotions don't instigate
a decision i might regret
or suffer for down the line

why do my words pause with hesitation
is it my overactive imagination
that constant fear of the future
and what will happen to me
i'm uncomfortable having so much emotion
and i don't know where i got that notion
why can't it be more simple
it's my only insecurity

sometimes i feel so inundated
is it really that complicated
of course it isn't
but i've created a monster in my mind
happiness is all that matters
i say nice things not just to flatter you
you know i mean it
you're someone not easy to find

so where do all these thoughts leave me
i'm not sure but in the end i'm happy
happy to be the one
to share these thoughts with you
i hope my doubts don't complicate things
nor go overboard and start to cling
but everything will be fine
because you feel the same way too

No comments:

Post a Comment